GlobalSTL is hiring a Healthcare Innovation & Advisory Director to lead and grow its growing two-sided healthcare innovation and business development platform comprising a consortium of 22 healthcare organizations that account for 25% of US Healthcare spending and an international innovation sourcing platform across 10 countries. GlobalSTL is seeking high potential candidates to leverage, build and lead GlobalSTL’ s Healthcare Innovation & Advisory program to the next level. GlobalSTL is an initiative of BioSTL with a mission of making St. Louis a magnet for top global healthcare innovation, transforming healthcare, and improving the health and economic vitality of our region.
This position will report to the GlobalSTL Lead and will be a full-time, salaried position with BioSTL.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Lead and substantially grow two successful GlobalSTL programs/platforms and team: the GlobalSTL Innovation Advisory program and the GlobalSTL Innovation Sourcing program.
The GlobalSTL Innovation Advisory (GIA) Program
The GIA is a unique community of highly experienced healthcare executives missioned to:
- Help select healthcare innovators successfully scale across the U.S. industry.
- Help select healthcare incumbents and innovation buyers develop and execute “implementation-ready” strategies to address their biggest challenges.
- Prepare and help healthcare innovators and innovation buyers to build deep partnerships that convert innovation to value (patient/consumer, provider, payer and community).
Key responsibilities of this program include but are not limited to:
- Recruit and execute SOWs with select Innovators that have the potential for substantial growth due to the strong fit with the bench of GIA advisors and their network of innovation buyers, talent, investors, strategic partners resulting in substantial revenues for the Innovators and success fees for GIA platform.
- Engage and execute SOWs with select Innovation buyers/healthcare incumbents to develop and execute “implementation-ready” strategies that address their biggest challenges, due to the strong fit with the bench of GIA advisors and their relationships with the Innovation buyers and GIA’s leadership-centered, high-impact approach to client engagement resulting in substantial value for the Innovation buyers and fees for GIA platform.
- Grow the Innovation Buying client network.
- Grow the pool of GIA Advisors and strengthen the depth of their engagement with GIA.
- Build a strong brand for the GIA.
- Organize and execute high-impact GIA meetings every two weeks.
- Develop an annual GIA plan and budget.
- Increase the economic impact in St. Louis resulting from impact of the GIA program on the Innovator clients. Build a talent pipeline ready to be hired by the recruited companies.
- Improve the quality of life of our region thru the deployment of the GIA client innovations, including quality of life improvement for our underserved communities.
The GlobalSTL Innovation Sourcing Program
The GlobalSTL Innovation Sourcing Program operates across 10+ countries through in-country partnerships plus GlobalSTL contracted innovation scouts with great potential to deepen the ties in these countries while expanding into new geographies where healthcare innovation is being developed.
Key responsibilities of this program include but is not limited to:
- Leveraging the demand-signal (developed “shopping list” of innovation priorities) that is updated each year, execute the well-developed GlobalSTL healthcare innovation program to generate a high-quality cohort of innovators for the annual GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit (GHIS).
- Execute GHIS post-Summit program with the cohort of innovators that attended the Summit and those innovators that were finalists but didn’t attend the Summit.
- Organize a regular cadence of update calls with 2023 GHIS innovators and innovators from past GHIS.
- Qualify and convert relevant innovators into GIA clients.
- Connect non-GIA client innovators with innovation buyers in coordination with the GlobalSTL team managing the Innovation buyer relationship and processes.
- Connect GIA and non-GIA innovators to talent, board members, investors, M&A opportunities, etc.
- Grow and deepen the global innovation sourcing platform.
- Develop annual GlobalSTL Innovation Sourcing program plan and budget.
Additional responsibilities of this role that include but are not limited to:
- Manage, mentor, develop and recruit top healthcare innovation business development team.
- Manage GlobalSTL Innovation Sourcing Program and GIA Program using Salesforce.
- Manage marketing/branding campaigns in partnership with Marketing team/resources.
- Work closely with GlobalSTL team working on the Center for Rural Health Innovation to source innovation and coordinate programs and relationships.
- Continue to improve GlobalSTL programs and approaches through learning from U.S. and international success models, new ideas and applying continuous measurement and improvement approach.
- 3x growth in GIA contracts with global healthcare innovators in 3 years, resulting in establishing/growing a physical presence in St. Louis.
- 3x growth in GIA contracts with select Innovation buyers/healthcare incumbents to develop and execute “implementation-ready” strategies that address their biggest challenges.
- Make GlobalSTL the go-to platform for international and U.S. healthcare innovators wanting to access the U.S. healthcare market.
- Increase membership of US-based healthcare organizations on the G-CHIL platform.
- Increase jobs created and capital invested in the St. Louis region by GlobalSTL healthcare companies.
- Significantly grow revenue of the GlobalSTL program thru monetizing value provided to innovation buyers and innovators.
- Deep understanding of the US healthcare delivery system and the business models of healthcare providers, payers, integrated delivery networks, pharmacy benefit managers and employers.
- Demonstrated track record of selling innovative/disruptive products/services in complex healthcare industry with P&L responsibility.
- Experience working for both corporates and startups – important to understand the differing perspectives/cultures/processes/strengths/weaknesses and be able to speak both languages.
- Demonstrated track record of conducting deep diligence of healthcare innovation and establishing value proposition for U.S. healthcare players.
- Demonstrated passion for international business, people and culture; willingness to travel.
- Undergraduate or Master’s degree, preferably in business management, healthcare administration, medicine or engineering.
- Leadership, business development, entrepreneurial orientation and business collaboration skill set.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, develop and lead strong, diverse, high performing teams.
- Culture of accountability (see it, own it, solve it, do it) and excellence.
- Excellent listening, written and oral communication skills: with senior executives of diverse backgrounds (corporations, investors, entrepreneurs, researchers and governmental agencies) in global setting.
- Can adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines promptly and efficiently.
- Persuasive and motivating: ability to elicit cooperation from a variety of organizations/individuals.
- Competent with various current business productivity, collaboration tools and programs.
Pay is commensurate with experience and is benchmarked against market rates. Benefit package for full-time employees includes excellent health coverage, generous retirement savings match, tuition assistance, and other benefits to support employees personally and professionally.
Please upload a detailed letter of interest and resume on the BioSTL.org website under this job posting heading. Confidential inquiries can be submitted to email@example.com with this job posting title in the subject line.
For more information, visit GlobalSTL, and biostl.org.
BioSTL is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable ecosystem. We are committed to seeking individuals of diverse backgrounds and experiences who will bring diverse perspectives to this work. This is an equal employment opportunity.
Since 2001, BioSTL has laid the foundation for St. Louis' innovation economy with a comprehensive set of transformational programs that advance St. Louis’ leadership in solving important world challenges in agriculture, medicine, health care, and other technology areas. BioSTL has introduced nationally acclaimed initiatives in startup creation and investment (BioGenerator), strategic business attraction (GlobalSTL), physical environment (including Cortex and BioGenerator Labs), entrepreneur support, seed and venture capital, a diverse and inclusive workforce, and public policy. Learn more about us online at @biostl.org.