ST. LOUIS – On Wednesday, August 16, 2023, Digital health innovators from around the world and the U.S. seeking strategic business development opportunities will convene in St. Louis for the seventh annual GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit.
GlobalSTL, an initiative of BioSTL, a non-profit innovation hub, is set to host its GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit. This annual event brings together key decision-makers from 22 regional and national healthcare organizations to meet with top innovators in the industry, attracting cutting-edge, digital health startups from around the world. With its innovative two-sided marketplace, GlobalSTL successfully bridges the gap between innovation buyers and global innovators, fostering collaborations that will help shape the future of healthcare.
GlobalSTL is a trusted partner for Midwest and U.S. healthcare organizations and policy leaders, including payers, health systems, pharmacy benefit managers, and employers, collectively representing an astounding $1 trillion in revenues. These forward-thinking entities rely on GlobalSTL's expertise and networks to source and curate top-tier global innovators capable of addressing their most critical pain points.
Each of the selected innovators has been chosen from a pool of more than 1,000 candidates from around the globe, making the Summit an exclusive and intimate gathering for forging valuable connections. Only startups that garnered strong interest from multiple GlobalSTL partner organizations receive an exclusive invitation to participate, ensuring an environment of strategic business opportunities.
Over the past six years, the GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit has proven to be a launchpad for success, showcasing 75 global innovators, 41% of whom have secured lucrative contracts. These transformative companies have collectively raised a staggering $4 billion in capital, with $3 billion secured after their participation in the Summit. Notably, five of these innovators have achieved the coveted unicorn status (a valuation exceeding $1 billion).
Donn Rubin, President & CEO of BioSTL, emphasized the impact of global innovation on St. Louis, stating, "Connecting St. Louis to global innovation can be a difference-maker in our competitive standing. This Summit is a prime example of how St. Louis can be deliberate and proactive in attracting global innovation to propel our businesses and solve our challenges."
The success of the Summit underscores GlobalSTL's three-fold goal: to provide St. Louis companies access to state-of-the-art technology; to secure coveted US customers and strategic partners for international companies; and to foster the establishment of high-growth international companies in
St. Louis, enriching the local ecosystem with new jobs, talent, innovation, and economic activity.
"In just seven years, the GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit has become the premier healthcare innovation business development event in the Midwest," said Vijay Chauhan, GlobalSTL Lead. "The 75 companies that have attended the six Summits prior to 2023 have raised more than $4 billion in investment, with 74% of that funding secured post-Summit. GlobalSTL continues to serve as an impressive value acceleration platform for top healthcare innovators while attracting global innovation and investment to St. Louis."
Digital health technologies showcased at the GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit encompass a diverse range of solutions including restoring financial viability of healthcare delivery systems, building robust patient-member relationships, reaching and managing underserved populations, enabling aging at home, transforming caregiving, stitching together fragmented care ecosystems, and facilitating the transition from fee-for-service to value-based care.
The 19 U.S. and international companies offering such solutions at the 2023 GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit include:
- Datos Health (Israel) Datos Health is enabling the migration of care to the home by offering an automated, interactive remote care design studio that allows providers to create and deploy new remote care programs in a wide variety of clinical domains using simple drag-and-drop tools quickly and easily.
- Fathom (USA) Fathom is solving the problem of slow, expensive, and inaccurate medical coding by offering an autonomous medical coding platform, which uses cutting-edge deep learning and natural language processing (NLP) to produce complete coding results for patient encounters with zero human intervention.
- Homethrive (USA) Homethrive is addressing the problem of caregiver burnout by offering a comprehensive caregiver support platform that integrates digital coaching, navigation, and caregiving resources with expert Care Guides – social workers with deep experience who are assigned to help ease the difficult and stressful responsibility of caregiving.
- Laguna Health (Israel) Laguna Health is solving for the limitations of post-acute care management by offering an AI-powered contextual care management platform built to help care managers identify recovering patients’ individual risk barriers and intervene via phone, video call or SMS before costs add up.
- REVELOHEALTH (USA) REVELOHEALTH is addressing the problem of depressed health system revenue from payer re-pricing in managed care contracts by offering transparent access to the payer’s repricing engine and duplicating the payer’s rate sheet calculation for 100% of the health system’s claims.
- Wellthy (USA) Wellthy is addressing the problem of caregiver burnout by offering a platform that connects adult caregivers to expert care coordinators who provide hands-on assistance with the daily tasks of caregiving along with a comprehensive suite of digital resources.
- Soda Health (USA) Soda Health is solving the problem of health plan members being unable to access available social service benefits by offering a universal debit card and care management support to help underserved individuals identify and access the resources they need to live a healthier life.
- Season Health (USA) Season Health is addressing the problem of food insecurity and its effect on chronic disease by offering a fully at-risk food-as-medicine platform that helps plans and employers scale clinically validated nutrition programs with a nationwide network of Registered Dieticians (RD), complex condition management, and integrated grocery benefits.
- Parsley Health (USA) Parsley Health is addressing the underserved health needs of women by offering a nationwide comprehensive, whole-person care model that addresses the full continuum of women’s health needs by using root cause analysis to treat the underlying causes of disease and treat multiple conditions simultaneously.
- CareHive (USA) CareHive is addressing the problems of outdated chronic care navigation by offering an asynchronous-first chronic care navigation and disease management platform that risk stratifies members and matches them to the most appropriate care.
- Switchboard Health (USA) Switchboard Health is addressing the problem of high cost and low access to specialty care by offering a virtual-first specialty care network that seamlessly integrates with existing in-person specialty care.
- Navina (Israel) Navina is addressing the problem of data overload for providers and misalignment to value-based metrics by offering an AI-powered workflow solution that synthesizes data from EHRs, HIE, labs, discharge notes, imaging results, and claims and creates a concise, complete, and timely view of patients’ health status at the point of care.
- Neura Health (USA) Neura Health is addressing the problem of a high neurological disease burden (migraine, headaches, etc.) coupled with a shortage of providers and a fragmented neurological care journey by providing a comprehensive virtual neurology clinic and care management platform.
- Agathos (USA) Agathos addresses the problem of provider disengagement with top-down change management initiatives by offering a web-based SMS platform that privately presents individualized practice performance data directly to the clinician’s smartphone using a provider-centric user interface.
- Memora Health (USA) Memora Health addresses the problem of poor patient adherence to care plans and workforce burnout by offering an AI-powered high-touch patient communication and clinical workflow platform that helps clinicians practice at the top-of-license while automatically and proactively engaging patients along complex care journeys.
- Lumeon (United Kingdom) Lumeon is addressing the problem of inefficient, expensive, and manual care coordination and constrained staffing capacity via a care orchestration platform that automates and personalizes the patient care journey at scale.
- Luma (USA) Luma Health is solving the problem of a complex and disjointed patient experience and the insufficiencies of current patient engagement solutions by offering a platform to create consumerized patient-centered journeys that gain and retain loyal patients and decrease care gaps and nonadherence.
- Folx (USA) FOLX Health is solving the problem of a lack of access to gender-affirming care for the LGBTQIA+ community through a comprehensive network of queer- and trans- specialized providers complemented by care navigation and evidence-based education.
- The TeleDentists (USA) The TeleDentists™ are solving the problem of dental care access and excess spend from dental emergencies by offering the first dental care platform that provides virtual consultations to steer patients to timely, appropriate care.
The GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit kicks off with an innovators’ reception at The BioSTL Building on Tuesday, August 15, 2023, followed by the all-day Summit August 16, 2023, at Washington University in St. Louis, MO.
The following companies and healthcare systems are attending:
CVS Health | Walmart Health | Ascension and Ascension Ventures | Cigna | Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan | BJC HealthCare | Centene Corporation | Mercy | Evernorth | St. Luke’s Hospital | OSF HealthCare | MU Health Care | VA Health System | NorthShore University Health System | Southern Illinois Healthcare | MO Health Net | SSM Health | Wellabe | Business Health Coalition | Home State Health | Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
For more information about the GlobalSTL Health Innovation Summit, visit https://biostl.org/innovationsummit